The course familiarizes the students with the basics of using compressed air in producing power.
The course introduces different types of pneumatic components such as: pneumatic cylinders, directional control valves, flow control valves………etc. It also describes the techniques of assembling these components into pneumatic circuits.
On completion of the course, delegates will:
- Design, assemble and test basic pneumatic circuits
- Identify and describe the design, features and operation of pneumatic components
- Identify and explain symbols for pneumatic components
- Read and interpret pneumatic circuit diagrams
- Interpret technical specifications and data relating to pneumatic components
- Knows the fundamentals of compressed air generation and preparation
- Objectives of low cost automation
- Basic principles of compressed air supply, production, preparation and distribution
- Power section devices (Linear and rotary actuators)
- Use of directional control valve, flow control, pressure and time control valves and sensors
- Structure and function of pneumatic devices and valves
- Basic logic functions and their application
- Symbolic representation of devices and standards (ISO 1219)
- Systematic design of circuit diagrams
- Reading pneumatic circuit diagrams
- Operating modes in pneumatic control systems
- Safety regulations and valid industrial standards
- Typical industrial circuits
- Identifying and eliminating faults
- Practical exercises for all circuits “hands on”
This course is suited for anyone who is required to maintain industrial pneumatic systems. No prior knowledge of pneumatic or electrical principles is necessary.
- Classroom lectures and exercises
- Final test (multiple answer test)
CORE Certificate for each attendee.