Many workplaces contain spaces that are considered to be "confined" because their configurations hinder the activities of employees who must enter into, work in or exit from them. In many instances, employees who work in confined spaces also face increased risk of exposure to serious physical injury from hazards such as entrapment, engulfment and hazardous atmospheric conditions.
Confinement itself may pose entrapment hazards and work in confined spaces may keep employees closer to hazards such as machinery components than they would be otherwise.
This course provides delegates with the requisite knowledge and practical skills on entry, and most of the critical operations that could be carried out in a confined space.
Up on completion of the course, attendees should be able to:
- Recognize, evaluate, and control confined space hazards.
- List duties and responsibilities of the confined space entry participants.
- Achieve familiarity with atmospheric testing equipment and entrance equipment.
- Identify acceptable atmospheric entry parameters.
- Definition and basic concepts of confined space
- Hazards associated with confined space and control
- Permit-required confined space regulations
- Confined Space entry permit and preparation procedures
- Confined Space Entry Equipment
- Confined Space atmospheric monitoring and requirements
- Ventilation requirements
- Isolation/Lock out-Tag out procedures
- Roles and responsibilities entry supervisor, attendant and entrant
- Confined space Inspection & Checklist
- Associated risk and hazards during critical operations inside confined space
– Welding operations
– Paintaining operations
– Cleaning operations
- Respiratory protection
- Summary& evaluation
- Practical / training if applicable
This course is suited for Workers who will engage in permit-required confined space entry in general industry.
- Classroom lectures and exercises
Core Certificate for each attendee
Confined Space Entry & Rescue from Confined Spaces
The remaining days to start course
This course has passed